I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

There's Bad News and Good News...

From the Jolanda Tarot, the Eight of Swords:
The bad news is there are killer bees heading my way; the good news is I can control them with my mind.  I don't think there has ever been anyone who criticized me, doubted my abilities, or laughed at my dreams more than I did myself.  My mind can be used to creatively enhance my life or to destructively tear it into tiny bits.  But with cognitive training and techniques such as meditation, I can rein in my thoughts and turn them in the direction I wish to go.  It's a solution that has to be simmered, not microwaved, but it will keep those pesky critters at bay better than Off repellant.

From the Bird Signs deck comes "Rooster:"
This studly fowl is protector of the hen house - nothing gets past him without his say-so.  He's also the neighborhood alarm clock; he crows to show his enthusiasm about each morning, almost as if saying, "Bring it on!"  Rooster reminds me to have the same fearlessness in meeting my day.  If there are nameless fears, I should track them down, scrutinize them carefully, and see if they are real or just a figment of my "what if" mind.  If they are real, I need to contact the hen house - I've got good friends and family members who can support and encourage me through whatever challenge I face.

4 comments:

  1. Lot of bees in your cards. Today and yesterday I get so lost in the pictures that I don't necessarily get the meaning. Sometimes the meaning comes in layers with many messages that can help and direct. Anyway for what it's worth, like the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so true and good to keep in mind indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a 6" bantam rooster who is worth his weight in gold, both for how serious he takes his job, and his entertainment value. But i wouldn't care to have a full size rooster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a white leghorn rooster growing up, and he was scary mean! You needed one person to distract him and another to gather the hen eggs. I think all of us got spurred at least once by him.

      Delete