I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Balance of Brain and Intuition

This week I'll be using the Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot, a deck based on the artwork of Pamela Colman Smith and published by U.S. Games.  Today's card is the Page of Pentacles:
The Page of this suit is often called the student; he focuses so intently on that coin in his hand he looks like he might try to take a bite out of it.  Below him to the right is a plowed field ready to be sown, an indication that what he is learning is not just an intellectual pursuit but will be used for practical purposes.  Little poppies have begun to sprout around his feet, reminding me of the scene in the Wizard of Oz movie where Dorothy and her companions fall asleep in the poppy field instead of making progress on their journey.  Right now I must keep my concentration steady without being tempted by distractions, if I plan to reap a harvest for my efforts.

The oracle deck I'll be using this week is the Archetype Cards, created by Caroline Myss and published by Hay House.  This morning's card is the "Gambler:"
I have never played the lottery and only play poker when it's "for fun" and not for money.  But it's not just my finances that I tend to be cautious with - I live all my life this way.  So while this card might be a warning for some, for me it is an encouragement to step outside my comfort zone and take a risk.  Sometimes it is better to follow my intuition instead of checking my cerebral file cabinet for all the answers.

2 comments:

  1. I admire your dedication. Some of the cards I really like and have tried to understand Tarot. You did such a good job of teaching us that time. But we all have our focus points and it is good we do. It is just that we all have different strengths. It behooves us to use them to the best of our ability.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness we all have our different strengths - life would be mighty boring otherwise! :D But seriously, that is why I need people like you in my life, so that I can hear other viewpoints and see with "new" eyes.

      Delete