I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cliffhangers

From the Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot, the Fool:
Carefree, spontaneous, having a child-like trust - these are all qualities of the Fool, most of which rarely describe me.  The Fool is shown as he is about to incarnate, the pure spirit stepping into the material world.  It's no coincidence that he must go off a cliff to do so; the real world has its beauties and joys, but it can be tough as hell too.  I am reminded that I still fall headlong off of cliffs on this earthly plane.  Sometimes I am pushed by circumstances in life, and sometimes I unintentionally make choices that make the ground beneath me give way.  If I am to maintain my sanity and serenity through it all, I must learn to be like the Fool, living one moment at a time.

From the Archetype Cards comes the "Scribe:"
When I first drew this card, I couldn't see myself in either attribute.  But then it dawned on me that I do write down information - my daily blog and my daily nature journal.  I don't think either my blog or journal contribute much knowledge or information to anyone but me, but neither were intended as information for others.  Recording my thoughts and experiences make me pause and help keep me in the Fool's moment, a peaceful place to be most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment