I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, February 22, 2013

Restful Patience

From the Neuzeit Tarot, the Four of Swords:
The four swords hover over a black square that looks like a box with the lid flaps open.  It reminds me of packing away the holiday decorations.  In the corners of the flaps are the astrological signs of Aquarius, Leo, Taurus and Scorpio.  In astrology, there are three groups of signs: cardinal, fixed, and mutable associated with enterprise, stability, and adaptation respectively.  Here is a nudge for me to pack away all those niggling worries and nagging doubts that keep me awake at night and on edge during the day.  Normally my brain/ego thinks I must do something about everything.  But really what I need is a sense of solidity and steadiness right now, and allowing my mind to rest will help me find it.   

The roll from the Rory's Story Cubes produced "clock and tree:"
I hate to admit it, but I am consumed by time.  "Has the letter arrived yet?"  "Where is that package from Amazon?"  "How much time do I have left before I need to leave?"  The tree on the other die reminds me of the trees I planted in my yard.  Even the ones that have grown quickly have taken years to get to the size they are now, not days.  My Laceleaf Japanese maple has grown a mere inch in a decade.  The message is clear: be patient and let things unfold naturally.


4 comments:

  1. Or. It could be telling you it Is time to take down the christmas tree...
    s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not me - I'm superstitious and take everything down before Jan. 1, lol. :D

      Delete
  2. Today we do things only for 'right now' even when we plant trees, we tend to plant those fast growing energy woods. We simply don't plant trees for future generations, just as we rarely build houses to last longer then us.
    I think I will order me some story cubes next week :-D
    The British pound is at an all time low so it is the time to fill up my amazon.co.uk shopping basket :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, humanity does most of wheat it does for immediate gratification, not long-term benefits. I can't wait to see what you do with the story cubes!

    ReplyDelete