I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, March 3, 2013

A 360 Degree Mind

From the Wild Unknown, Justice:

 Two cats, one white and one black, are separated by a sword in between them.  The two colors represent two sides of an argument, but truthfully, there three sides - the two perceptions of the people involved and reality.  The diamond shape that separates the cats reminds me of a clear Austrian crystal whose many facets reflect rainbows of sunlight.  Looking at the crystal, I can only see one side of it, just as I can often only see one side of an argument.  But there are always many other facets; like the new moon, just because I can't see it or haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  Justice teaches me that if I want to be objective, I'm going to have to think with a 360 degree mind.

The roll of the geomancy sticks produced "Puella:"
Puella means "girl," and is associated with the planet and mythological goddess Venus, known for love and beauty.  The figure itself represents happiness and harmony, but may also indicate a sense of pleasantness without depth.  Being born a Southern girl, "be nice" is ingrained in my psyche.  Unfortunately, I seem to have inherited some wild genetic off-shoot as well, and there are times when I itch to give people a V8 head slap.  Yet combined with the Justice card above, this geomantic figure seems to hint that the only way I'll uncover the whole truth and get the full story is by being pleasant.  Even if my V8 side doesn't want to cooperate, I need to smile and listen respectfully today.     

No comments:

Post a Comment