I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, March 18, 2013

Dancing to the Drumbeat

From the Margarete Petersen, the Son of Flames (Knight of Wands):
“Drum sound rises on the air, its throb, my heart. A voice inside the beat says, "I know you're tired, but come. This is the way.” ~ Rumi
The drum has often been used as a call for action, whether to dance and sing or prepare for war.  This son (knight) is a drummer who calls out to others to join in his vision.  He has enough confidence and charisma to convince most anyone, and he would love Obama's slogan, "Yes, we can!"  Forget trying to tell him that there may be some bumps in the road ahead; he's only interested in driving as fast as he can to get to his goal.  He could use a handler to keep him heading in the right direction and keep his impulsiveness in check, as his enthusiasm sometimes outruns his common sense.

The roll of the Elemental Dice this morning produced "Fire with Earth" representing "Volcano:"
A volcano is an opening in the earth's crust which allows hot magma, volcanic ash, and gases to escape the chamber below the surface.  Generally, volcanoes are put in one of three classes: extinct - not now erupting and not likely to erupt in the future; dormant - not now erupting but likely to do so in the future; and active - currently erupting or likely to do so in the near future.  When I pair these dice with the card above, it makes me ask myself, "What are you doing with your vision?"  Am I actively working toward my goals, or am I laying the groundwork with plans for the future?  Or have I become extinct, giving up on my dreams altogether?

No comments:

Post a Comment