I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, March 8, 2013

Decomposition

From the Wild Unknown Tarot, the Ten of Swords:
We had a few days of severe storms recently, and the high winds brought down some huge pine limbs that are going to require a chain saw.  Unfortunately as I was surveying the storm damage, I also found a few dead animals (squirrels) as well.  In just a few hours time, various bugs and insects had begun feeding on the bodies.  And though such scenes may bring a "Ewww!" response from most,  these ecological recyclers play an important part in breaking down organic matter.  Whether plant or animal, what is eaten and digested leaves behind important minerals and nutrients that enrich the soil.  This graphic image tells me there are thoughts and beliefs I hold that need to go through the process of decomposition.  What is useful will be left behind, allowing me to plant and grow some new ideas.

The roll of the geomancy sticks this morning created the figure "Via:"
Via is Latin for "way" and indicates a life path or journey.  It is associated with the waxing moon - when the amount of illumination on the moon is increasing.  This part of the cycle reminds me of stumbling around in a dark forest and then suddenly having a light appear to see by.  Taken with the Ten of Swords above, it appears I must first break down my ideas (leaving only what is beneficial), then wait for clarity (illumination).  This progression will allow me to clearly see the path I should take.

4 comments:

  1. Saw your link on Aeclectic Tarot! Wanted to share enthusiasm for Tarot blogging :) Of course mine is gnostictarotcards.blogspot.com Glad to see more Tarot Blogs on the net. Good Job!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Tim, and thanks for stopping by. I'll have to pop over to your blog and have a read. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi there - followed a link from facebook *waves* I love this Wild Unknown Tarot but didn't manage to procure a copy when I had the chance *kicks herself*

    Feeling like Decomposition is appropriate for me today - got the cold and feeling like death :-D

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to "meet" you Alison! I don't know if you're still interested in the Wild Unknown, but there are several stores that carry it besides the creator (who is supposed to get more this month):
    http://www.bonadrag.com/
    http://catbirdnyc.com/
    https://spartan-shop.com
    Mine actually came from Bona Drag. Hope you kick your cold to the curb soon!

    ReplyDelete