I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Due Dates

From the Wild Unknown Tarot, the Mother (Queen) of Wands:
I first thought this might be some type of rattlesnake guarding its clutch of eggs, but then I remembered pit vipers have live young.  However, this could be a snake about to have an egg lunch, as most snakes I'm familiar with in the States don't coil around and protect their eggs.  Either way, I get the feeling this snake is guarding something important to her.  The red color in the background emphasizes the passion in defending what is hers, but the yellow indicates the intelligence behind the passion.  This Queen is not impulsive in her zeal, rather she uses a well-thought-out strategy and advises me to do the same.

The roll of the geomancy sticks this morning produced "Amissio:"
Amissio is Latin for "loss," and like Puella, it is connected to Venus.  Here there is a connection between something I love and transience; the figure reminds me that no matter how strongly my heart strings are attached to something or someone, keeping them safe from all harm is out of my control.  It may hurt like hell, but endings are as natural as beginnings.  Like the books that I check out and enjoy from the library, all things must one day be returned.   


No comments:

Post a Comment