I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Life is Liquid

From the Millennium Tarot, the Two of Swords:
 
 "The color of truth is gray." ~ Andre Gide
The lines in this image, both in the sky and on the ground, speak of division.  There is a choice to be made, and it's not an easy one.  But I wonder sometimes if I don't make the decision harder than it actually is.  My ego-self would prefer all pleasure and no pain, as if this is a real option.  There is nothing in this world that will allow me ease with no effort, so why assume I'm entitled to it?  Sometimes I have to choose what will bring the most joy and benefit, for me and others, instead of waiting for a fairy godmother to grant me my wishes.  Besides, that concrete bench is getting mighty uncomfortable...

This morning the Success Cards produced "Existence is Liquid:"
"Life is a flux that flows between two banks; they appear to be opposing banks, but in reality they sustain the river of life." ~ Giuseppe Ricci
Looking at the expression on this fellow's face, I wonder if he holds the head of his enemy, gloating that his rival is dead.  But the irony is that there really is no separation - he may be alive, but he too is in the process of dying.  And his adversary's body is returning to the soil of the earth to further the life that is still here.  Existence isn't set up as "perfect" or "imperfect."  There will always be movement between these two sides, and my job is to learn to swim in its current as best as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto re. the concrete bench getting uncomfortable! Ohh, my ego wants to avoid the discomfort at all costs too! ;) I love your take on the cards!

    ReplyDelete