I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Permeable Philosophy

From the Margarete Petersen Tarot, the Six of Feathers (Swords):
Six feathers lie in a basket, the bottom of which has been woven so loosely it reminds in of a sieve.  This painting made me think back to how I was as a young adult - headstrong, argumentative, and sure I had all the answers to everything.  But life has a way of providing lessons unasked for, and those beliefs and opinions I held so dearly went through a sifting process, allowing me to let go of assumptions and illusions I had treated as facts.  The philosophy I live by today is fairly permeable, allowing ideas to come and go quite easily compared to my younger days.  Yet while the "beads" slide on and off as beliefs are held and released, there is a thread of truth stringing them together that I maintain.

From the roll of the Elemental Dice this morning comes "Fire with Air" representing "Lightning:"
Lightning is a massive electrostatic discharge caused by unbalanced electric charges in the atmosphere.  For lightning to strike, the circuit must be complete or the energy will just keep moving without going anywhere or doing anything. To connect the circuit, lightning may strike in three places: intracloud, cloud to cloud, or cloud to ground. Adding this information to the card above, all the beliefs and opinions I have need to be grounded in reality, or like the electrical energy, they will keep me spinning in circles going nowhere. 

1 comment: