I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Refilling My Cup

From the Rosetta Tarot, the Ace of Cups:
When I am emotionally and spiritually "full," I have extra that overflows to others.  Unfortunately I can't reverse the flow and siphon off the reservoirs of others when my reserves run out, because replenishing myself is an inside job.  Yesterday was a lovely, spring day, and I worked out in the yard for over six hours.  I've been feeling depleted and out of sorts, but digging in the soil and being outdoors was rejuvenating for me.  Today my cup feels full.  Rabbi Ginsburgh explains the Hebrew letter Hei (which Meleen associates with the Ace of Cups) means "take." It refers to taking from oneself and giving unconditionally to another, but the gift is not necessarily a tangible one.  It involves "drawing the receiver into the essence of the giver."  I am grateful this Sunday to have something more than superficiality to offer.

From the Ascension to Paradise deck comes the "Manakin:"
These colorful little birds live in the tropics and subtropics and have an unusual talent.  Their modified wing feathers allow them to make a snapping noise much like the sound of snapping twigs.  This bird reminds me to "snap out of it" by opening my eyes and taking a good look around me.  There is beauty in nature to be enjoyed (particularly this time of year), my basic needs are met, and I have people who love me.  Like the jewels that surround the bird in the image above, I have plenty of treasures to be grateful for, and gratitude is one sure-fire way to keep my cup full.
 



4 comments:

  1. Wonder if that snapping ever gets on their last nerve?
    Refilling our own cup is indeed the best thing we can do for others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the snapping is something they do to attract mates. :)

      Delete
  2. love the random tidbits of information about so many things in these posts of yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I can't remember anything useful - because my head is so full of trivia, lol!

      Delete