I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Strong Hearts

From the Wild Unknown Tarot, the Father (King) of Cups:
The black swan is a native of Australia, a nomadic bird whose migratory patterns are dependent on climate conditions.  If high rainfall occurs in an area, they are likely to migrate there, while they avoid areas being affected by drought conditions.  If these swans are nesting in an area where rain was plentiful but dry conditions return, they will abandon their nests.  It seems cruel to leave their eggs, but the chicks would not live if they hatched without available food resources.  The King/Father of Cups is a man familiar with finding himself in the middle of emotional situations; his composure helps him guide others without being sucked under.  He teaches me that sometimes my heart must be strong in order to be compassionate.

The roll of the geomany sticks produced "Rubeus:"
Rubeus means "red," and not surprisingly, it is connected to the planet and mythological being of Mars.  This figure indicates a passionate fierceness on a primal level.  Yet this power can be channeled either in destructive or constructive ways.  With the King of Cups above, it encourages me to use this passion for courage, strength, and resolve.

2 comments:

  1. So how do you like the Wild unknown so far, mid-week like this? I almost bought it but decided to hold off a while, also it was all gone in the shop I was gonna use. I like seeing it here and I think you do a good job with it. Not sure how it would read for me.
    As for the geomancy stuff, I couldn't find any sticks of wood in the house, but did find 4 small flat stones that I will mark with one dot and then 2 dots on either side. They are actually 3 white and 3 black stones for a game of tic-tac-toe lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the cards are SO simple in the Wild Unknown, it will be interesting to see what I make of them if I do choose them. So far so good, though. If nothing else, this deck makes me stretch a bit outside the RWS box. :)
      The four tic-tac-toe stones sound perfect!

      Delete