I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, March 1, 2013

The Blessing of Belonging

From the Mary-El Tarot, the Three of Cups:
“You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you're not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong.” ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
I have a few close friends, some nearby and some far away; like the three waterfalls, we each have our individual lives with individual interests.  But like the pool at the bottom, we make the effort and time to reconnect, whether through emails, cards, Skype, or meeting for coffee.  These are the friends that encourage me to grow, to move beyond my emotional safety zone.  We share joys and sorrows, and we celebrate challenges successfully met.  The sense of belonging I feel with them is as essential to me as food and water.  There are times when my small circle of friends change; some people move on, yet new ones are added.  What a blessing to belong...
 
From the OH Cards come the image and word "dance" and "game:"
This card made me think back to the first time I tried to dance sober.  I was terrified and felt like I had concrete boots on.  I was taking things way too seriously, thinking way too much, instead of just expressing myself for the sheer fun of it.  I did manage to get my groove on once I let my body follow the music instead of my head.  Sometimes I forget that I don't have to win the game or produce something people like to experience pleasure and delight.  As Rumi reminds me, "When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment