I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, March 25, 2013

Welcoming or Whining

From Waking the Wild Spirit Tarot, the Knight of Flames (Wands):
Palin has subtitled this card "Gypsy," an indication that this is a person who embraces change but becomes restless with the routine.  The autumn leaves and acorns show a seasonal change that will be welcomed at first, but then will quickly be shoved aside in the pursuit of something "new."  I tend to be the polar opposite of this fellow, enjoying the ritual of daily tasks and disliking the chaos that comes when the unexpected happens.  What a nice balance it would be to find comfort and contentment in habits and routines yet also be excited and enthusiastic about changes and challenges. 

From the Fairy Ring deck comes "Samhain:"
I had to laugh when I saw that I pulled a festival card, particularly one associated with cooler weather.  Yesterday we had sunny skies with 82F temperatures, and everything from weeds to trees seemed to be blooming.  Today the high will be 52F, and this evening the temperature will drop below freezing.  I guess Mother Nature doesn't mark on her calendar when spring officially starts.  So here is another unanticipated change that I can choose to see as invigorating or disconcerting and either welcome or whine about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment