I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, April 26, 2013

Coloring Inside the Lines

From the Sheridan Douglas Tarot, the Emperor:
The scepter of this tough-looking Emperor reminds me of a torch, which makes sense to me because I've always seen him as a sort of guidance counselor (in addition to being a protector and rule maker/enforcer).  The little booklet that comes with the deck suggested that he also embodies the positive qualities of all the kings - a tall order for anyone.  Let's see... compassionate detachment, creative follow-through, objective justice, and generous enterprise.  I suppose that as I "color inside the lines" today, I should not forget the loving, human side of this Emperor.

From the Pages of Shustah comes the "Path:"
Lions, and tigers, and bears...oh my!  Like Dorothy on the yellow brick road, there can be many distractions along the way.  This card reminds me to stay on the path rather than wander off into the woods.  The green of this card matches the torch-scepter of the emperor above, and encourages me to focus on what is important and what is in front of me instead of getting caught up in "what ifs" or drama going on around me.  It may look exciting, but its really just chaos and will only sidetrack me.

No comments:

Post a Comment