I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, April 8, 2013

It's the Latest and Greatest!

From the Ship of Fools Tarot, the Queen of Staves (Wands):
This queen has so much charm and charisma, she's roped a bird, sheep and bull into doing her bidding. She's eloquent and enthusiastic, getting everyone so excited that they eagerly sign on the dotted line without thinking through the commitment she's demanding of them.  No one is immune to her magnetic appeal; the intellectual (bird), the follower (sheep), and those who are practical (bull) are all susceptible.  They will even drag along their friends (Fool) with their overflowing zeal.  This card warns me to be wary of anything or anyone who is bubbling with eagerness about a new philosophy or craze.  It's liable to rope me in, demand much of me, and give little in return.

From the Wisdom of the Four Winds comes the Air Keeper of the North, the "Owl:"
Has there ever been such a quiet bird who is constantly watching and listening?  No wonder the authors associate it with insight - something that rarely comes when we are busy trying to be heard.  The owl is also known for hacking up a pellet of what it doesn't need and can't digest - fur and bone - after eating.  In pairing the owl with the queen above, I am cautioned to keep my ears and eyes open and my mouth closed to carefully observe and then discriminate between what is worth my time and effort and what should be left behind.


2 comments:

  1. Pssst...wanna buy a bridge?
    Amway? Invest in swamp property?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, but I'll sell you a book that tells you how to manifest all your dreams just by visualization while you sit in your Lazy Boy, lol.

      Delete