I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Dose of Patience and Confidence

This week I'll be using the Daughters of the Moon Tarot, created and published by Ffiona Morgan.  Today's card is the Eight of Pentacles:
A grandmother passes along the craft of weaving to her granddaughter - what a lovely illustration for the Eight of Pentacles.  I have been sitting in both spots, as a learner and teacher, and each require an enormous amount of patience and perseverance.  As a student, I've wanted to rush what I was learning, so I could hurry and get to the finished product.  I didn't understand why you would want to waste time measuring something more than once, until I misread a measurement and had to start over.  I've found with any skill, there are "tricks of the trade" I can pick up if I don't hurry as I learn.  Eight is a very solid, stable number, and indicates I must be willing to put in the time and effort to practice and learn if I hope to be successful and pass along what I've learned one day.

The oracle I'll be using this week is the Raven Cards, created by Gabi Bucker and published by AG Muller.  This morning's draw is "Doubt:"
I think one of the biggest stumbling blocks to learning anything new is self-doubt.  I may give up before I stumble and bumble along, eventually reaching a solution.  I have to say the mile-wide streak of Scottish stubbornness I've inherited has served me well in this regard.  I will be disassembling an old computer and hooking up a new one today, one that has a Windows system different from what I've been working with for years.  Here's hoping my confidence and perseverance don't lag as I attempt to get things up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment