I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, May 27, 2013

Time for a Tune-up

From the Daughters of the Moon Tarot, the Wise One (Hermit):
In her companion book, Morgan writes, "The Crone is a teacher who passes on prudence and foresight... She has learned the value of creative solitude, of aloneness." Yesterday I was suddenly seized with an irritable restlessness. The kind that makes me want to jump in the car and drive fast in any direction, as long as it gets me far away from where I am. Of course "wherever I go there I am." I can't run from something internal. What I require is time away from noise - music, TVs, telephones and people. I need to deliberately conserve my energy right now and pull it inward in order to do some soul searching. I don't have to stay here forever, just long enough for a tune-up.

From the Raven Cards comes "Exist:"
There is no such thing as a "right to exist."
You just are. So be!
It seems we are constantly deluged by people's opinions, whether it's editorials in newspapers, billboards, or social networks like Facebook. Everyone has an opinion about politics, religion and personal rights that they are constantly trying to shove down the throats of others. The funny thing is that it never changes anyone's mind - those who agree click "like" and those who don't reply with scathing comments. I am encouraged by this card to stop trying to air my beliefs and just live them. My life would be a much better testimonial than any heated discussion I might engage in.

2 comments:

  1. One of the quotes I've used is "he leapt on his horse and tore off in all directions.
    It is an easy thing to try, difficult to achieve :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Attempting that might cause Humpty Dumpty syndrome.

      Delete