I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Tool Use and Care

From the Daughters of the Moon Tarot, the Witch (Magician):
The Magician reminds me that it takes all of my tools to bring something into this world. First the seed of an idea comes (air), then it is warmed by our inspiration which causes it to grow (fire). But that inspiration would lose its fervor quickly without something to motivate it  It is aided by desires, those feelings of joy and excitement that water the sprout so that it doesn't die (water). With a safe, nurturing place to contain it, it finally blooms (earth). If I want to bring anything into existence that is floating around in my gray matter, I need to pay attention to all these tools. Leaving one out in the rain and letting it rust could put a halt to my plans before they even get started.

From the Raven Cards comes "Let go:"
Come to rest.  Glide slowly down to earth,
arrive - and let go.
I've been physically and mentally busy of late. I now have a new computer up and running - I'm amazed at how fast it loads. I no longer have to feed cats, scoop litter boxes, brew coffee, and have breakfast in order to give it time to bring up the internet. I've also been reconstructing the yard; after two floods, I'm finally digging up and replanting. Our backyard will have only a postage stamp-sized bit of grass, and the rest will be trees, shrubs and other plants. I am worn out, but it feels good to have accomplished so much. However, this card reminds me that in between all my projects, it's good to rest both body and mind. I've got to take care of the tools I have if I want them to continue to serve me well.

2 comments: