I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, June 17, 2013

Full of It

From the Llewellyn Tarot, the Queen of Swords:
Don't ever play poker with this woman; she can read every "tell" and will instantly know if you're bluffing. She's married to the King of Swords because he needed someone who wouldn't be afraid to say, "Honey, you're full of it." She stares nose-to-nose with Reality and never flinches. This queen doesn't want to be impressed, she just wants the bare-bones truth. And isn't that the first step in dealing with a situation - to see life as it really is, without all the feathers and fluff, rhinestones and glitter? It's from this place of ground zero that I can build on a firm foundation.


From the Beasts of Albion deck comes "Cockerel:"
Anyone who's ever lived near a rooster will agree with Gray labeling this bird the "Herald of Awakening." If you've ever watched (or been chased by) a rooster protecting his territory, it's also easy to see how the term "cocky" came to be. This bird teaches me to wake up from the lullaby my ego softly sings. If I want to be confident, I need to make sure what I "know" comes from solid evidence or personal experience. Otherwise someone with a Queen of Swords personality might just tell me I'm full of hen manure.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment