I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Solid Support

From the Norse Tarot, the Ten of Cups:
This card reminds me of an anniversary celebration, with plenty of friends and family to lend their best wishes. The ten of this suit generally encompasses several positive meanings: happiness and joy, contentment and satisfaction, peace and harmony. But there is one meaning that is the foundation for all the others - emotional stability. Robert Schuller once asked the question, "What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" I think it could just as easily be phrased as, "What would you attempt to do if you knew you had the solid emotional support of others? Though it may not allow us to move mountains, I think such support can at least help us reach the top of them.

From the Wolf Pack deck comes the card "Self-reliance:"
This wolf finds himself alone, without the help of a pack to help him hunt and survive. At some point, I think all of us find ourselves in this place. It may be that we now have to care for an aging parent, make major life decisions after losing our significant other, or find a way to financially support ourselves. What well do we draw from when we feel overwhelmed by the task? Sometimes knowing that someone else believes in my abilities (even when I question them myself) can offer the encouragement I need.

2 comments:

  1. What a great take on the 1o of Cups! (Shared with my fellow fb Tarot enthusiasts ;)) And the depiction of the wolf is just breathtaking, it's one of my favorite animals (i don't have a totem animal, but if i did - it would be a wolf <3 ) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Lena! I also love these wonderful animals. :)

      Delete