I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Careful with that Lid...

From the Ancient Tarots of Lombardy, the Ace of Cups:
Under the lid of that cup can be found love, joy, inner peace, emotional security and a sense of belonging. Who wouldn't want that? Unfortunately in the human world of relationships, we know that when we open this cup we also become vulnerable to sadness, hurt, worry and humiliation. Is it worth the risk? When I married my husband, I inherited stepchildren and a manipulative ex-wife. And I don't care what the self-help books say, there is no such thing as a "blended family." I was not mature enough to handle what came with such responsibilities, and my first impulse was to run. But because we truly did love each other, we held on and battled together whatever life threw at us. That cup was a bit of a Pandora's box, but I have no regrets. When the opportunity to develop a new friendship arises, I still can be a bit hesitant. I know that with the good will come a challenge, but I also know that bond can be worth it.

From the Lenormand de Marseille comes the "Star:"
The thought "follow your own star" ran through my head when I saw this card, meaning allow your heart and your passion to guide you. But while I like the idea of being led and encouraged to move in a certain direction, I know my ego can lead me astray. How can I know if what I'm following is good and true? The "star" I can navigate by can be found in these words of Rami Shapiro: "You know you’re on the right path if your capacity for holding paradox expands, your sense of humor broadens, your commitment to justice deepens, your compassion for and protection of life grows, and your love of people transcends race, color, creed, tribe, religion, politics, and sexual preference."

No comments:

Post a Comment