I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dispensations

From the Gaian Tarot comes the Elder (King) of Earth:
This particular Elder is successful in her enterprises, but it has nothing to do with luck. She combines common sense with hard work. She believes in starting with a firm foundation before taking on bigger projects. Resources must be available and requirements met before progress can be made. She is generous, and might supply knitted caps for warmth and a hot meal for her employees, because she knows when basic needs are met they have the capacity to do a better job. But she acts with purpose: to those whom much is given, much will be demanded.This Elder doesn't tolerate slackers or whiners - all will be held accountable for their actions or inaction. Today she asks me, "What are you doing with what you've been given?"

From the Goddess Oracle comes "Maya:"
Maya is often translated as "illusion," yet her power not only obscures our vision but can also free us from the delusion. It sounds a bit convoluted at first, but think of something hidden in plain sight - like me looking for my reading glasses that are perched on top of my head. Maya's purpose is deeper though; she hides my connections by pointing out how different I am. However, her mission is to awaken me to what's underneath that veil - my interconnection to all. She helps me understand that when I do what is beneficial for others, I also help myself. Seeing past her veil means seeing past my ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment