I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hard Evidence

From the Legacy of the Divine, the Five of Cups:
“Being a victim is more palatable than having to recognize the intrinsic contradictions of one's own governing philosophy.”
~ Tom Clancy, The Hunt for Red October
I truly don't think we humans would have been given the abilities to cry, feel sadness and overwhelming bewilderment if they didn't have some purpose. They're just part of the "How to Stay Sane While You Heal" package. But if I stay in this place of pity too long, that rut will become a canyon. My thoughts will shift to self-centered beliefs, focusing on how unfair life is, how unlucky I am, or how people don't appreciate me. I have to admit, this woman with mascara running down her face made me chuckle (like looking in the mirror minus the make-up). I really do understand the place she's at, where the water just seems to keep rising. She grasps those two whole glasses with fierce protection but not appreciation. It's like the mother who collects dolls for her daughter, but never allows her to enjoy playing with them. Time to take a big, long drink out of both cups and relish the sweetness they offer.

From the Steps to Serenity deck comes "Inventory:"
One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?
~ Sesame Street
Here's confirmation of a brood parasite - a bird that lays an egg in another bird's nest, and allows it to feed and raise it. I am prompted by this card to take an objective look at my thoughts, and find the misleading ones that are trying to infiltrate my belief system. All I have to do is follow the thread of my emotions back to the thoughts that produced them. The false beliefs are easy to find if I look for assumptions and projections; none of them will have hard evidence to back them up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment