I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

One Scoop or Two?

From the Fairy Lights Tarot, the World:
The egg image from yesterday’s Prince of Light is repeated here, except this card shows the egg has hatched. What began as potential has been shaped into a complete form. An understanding has come full circle, allowing not only the final piece to be placed in the puzzle, but also the beginning of a new cycle. So what’s on the new agenda? Unfortunately life doesn’t hand out a syllabus; yet I imagine if I adopt the Fool’s trust and wonder, I’ll be pleasantly surprised as soon as I clean off the egg yolk.

From the Heart of Faerie Oracle, the "Lady of Joy:"
The Frouds explain this fairy is one that reminds us joy can be found in the everyday and in each moment. If I can avoid the shame and regrets of the past and the expectations and worry of the future, I will find this gift waiting to be unwrapped. The Lady also reminds me that joy is a well that never runs dry; I can share it with others without worrying that it will be used up. So how many scoops do you want today, and do you want chocolate drizzled on top too?

No comments:

Post a Comment