I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, August 5, 2013

Don't Bring Me Down

From the Mythic Tarot, the Four of Cups:
You got me running going out of my mind,
You got me thinking that I'm wasting my time.
Don't bring me down, no, no, no, no, no
~ Jeff Lynne, ELO
Psyche, a new bride, listens to her two sisters whisper that her groom must be a monster since he only visits at night. Misery loves company, and these two want to make sure their happy sister doesn't remain content for long. I'm not surprised I've drawn the Four of Cups today, as the things that used to bring me joy - my tarot blog, my nature journal, etc. - seem to be more of a chore than a pleasure these days. I couldn't really put my finger on what changed, but I do know that there are several people in my life whose misery is overflowing onto me. They are either deeply depressed or dealing with amplified anxiety (like the black and red dresses of the sisters). I really gotta go dust off that Electric Light Orchestra album...

From the Symbolon Deck comes "The Inquistion:"
Here is the "finger-pointing" card; a scapegoat must be found in order to have someone to blame. That finger should be pointing at me too; in my effort to find out why my life suddenly seems to have lost all its color, I am putting all the responsibility on others. Even if people are unloading on me, I'm the one standing there listening to it. Time to take my own inventory and see what part I'm playing in this blue funk.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like my 8 of swords thothy, particularly Haindl's
    If what you love is a chore or burden step back from it, it's your life.

    ((()))

    ReplyDelete