I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sharp Edges

From the Deck of the Bastard, the Ace of Swords:
When I see the Ace of Swords, I automatically make a list: think logically, live justly, and speak truthfully. The crown indicates there is power in choosing reason, justice and truth. But hanging on the crown and tied to the sword are two branches, one a laurel and the other a palm. Laurel generally means victory, so this sounds like a good thing. But the palm branch indicates a sacrifice must be made too, which to my ego doesn't sound like a plus. This Ace reminds me that sometimes my individual wants must be sacrificed for the greater benefit of others. For true success, it is a necessity.

From the Marseille Oracle comes "Deceit:"
When I look at this old razor, I wonder how in the world we survived without Gillette. No way would I do any shaving with that thing. Although it is labeled "deceit," the keywords in the booklet make a little more sense - conflicts and misunderstandings. The advice it gives is "Wait for better times." I've often heard that we should speak our truth, though often this really means we give our opinion about something (not anything factual). Sometimes its better to hold my tongue, rather than using it to cut someone to ribbons. As the Ace above encourages me, I need to remove myself from the center of the Universe today.

No comments:

Post a Comment