I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, August 24, 2013

These Boots are Made for Walking

This week I'll be using the Deck of the Bastard (so named because it is a compilation of older decks) that was put together and self-published by Elaine Wilkinson. Today's draw is the Fool:
Okay, I admit it. I like structure and organization, I appreciate punctuality, and I hate surprises. So I look at this Fool and can almost hear him say, "Just close your eyes - you're going to love what you see when we get to the secret place I have in mind." And I of course would give him a list of reasons why I shouldn't close my eyes and blindly follow someone, and why he should just tell me for goodness' sake what all the fuss is about. The problem with living like this is that life is full of surprises, some good and some not so good. If I keep thinking that everything should have already been on my planning calender months in advance, I'm in for a huge disappointment. And for the record, some of those unexpected things are fun and bring a lot of joy. So I'm going to close my eyes and give trust a chance, at least for today...

The other deck I'll be using this week is the Marseille Oracle, a deck created by Isa Donelli and published by Lo Scarabeo. This morning's draw was "Undertakings:"
These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do...
~ song by Lee Hazlewood
The little white booklet that comes with the deck has this phrase for the card: "Don't hesitate to proceed." Well between the Fool and this card, it doesn't get much clearer than that. Stop making excuses, finding distractions and trying to make everything perfect. Pull on those boots and get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment