I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, September 6, 2013

Complete Focus with Claws Extended

From the Druidcraft Tarot, the Eight of Pentacles:
There's nothing like working with molten metal to help keep your focus. This fellow has had to learn innumerable skills to get to this point: the amount of each metal to use, how to carve a mold, the temperature needed to melt the metal, how to pour it into the mold and how to file and smooth the figure once it comes out. Without distractions, he can practice and perfect his knowledge and craft. I've had a project I've been working on, but the daily unexpected stuff I've had to deal with has kept me from making too much progress. It's hard to keep plugging along when it seems you're moving inches instead of miles toward the goal. Today promises to be a day that I'll have time to devote to my work, which would be a welcome gift.

From the Druid Animal Oracle comes the Scottish wildcat ("Cat"):
This animal is my ancestral clan's symbol, so it is doubly important to me. The wildcat is no domestic cat; it is both fierce and cautious. It will watch with detachment to see if the object of its attention is prey, predator or a something that it doesn't need to be concerned about before it takes any action. But if they feel threatened, they can be a force to be reckoned with - rangers and others who have tried to capture them are quite aware of their ability to bite clean through protective gloves and hands. This cat suggests I guard my work and share it only with those I trust. Plagiarists lurk everywhere, particularly on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment