I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Bit of This, A Bit of That

From the Spiral Tarot, Temperance:
After a long, exhausting night (a definite Tower moment), I was happy to see this peaceful card. The sun shines between two mountains, liquid is mixed in two cups, and a rainbow arches over everything. When struggles happen, I think it is human nature to either believe everything is doom and gloom or to try and firmly shut the door on what happened and pretend you never have to look at it again. But the sun between the peaks, the combination of colors in the rainbow and the mixture in the cups remind me it is never this nor that but something in the middle. Moderation and balance is needed not only in perceiving the situation but also in my actions that follow.

From the Sacred Journey Cards comes "Clarity:"
When I'm tired and emotional, it's easy to believe what I feel is reality. But just because I fear something doesn't mean it is going to actually happen. My thoughts and emotions often mushroom things way out of proportion to what they actually are. I need to go back to Byron Katie's advice. Do I absolutely, positively know this thought is real? How would my life be different if I didn't believe that thought?

2 comments:

  1. Always a lovely card; Temperance. I think life is all about finding zillion shades of grey between black and white.:)

    ReplyDelete