I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

From the Inside Out

From the Morgan-Greer Tarot, the Two of Swords:
A few days ago, I was listening to a friend describing a situation in her life. The tactless inner child in me wanted to say, "Geez woman, aren't you over-thinking this a bit?" Of course, it's always easier to see it in others than in myself. My brain loves to pick apart details, analyze them, then slice and dice those some more. By the time I'm done, all that intellectual nitpicking has stirred up quite a few emotions to add to the mix. I imagine this woman has her feet firmly planted on the ground, as she stands with a blindfold on and swords crossed over her heart. She encourages me to center myself and drop below the emotional and mental turmoil I've created. There I'll find an inner resource that will guide me in making the right decision.

From the Gods and Titans Oracle, comes the card "Ra:"
Ra was an Egyptian sun god, patron of the pharaohs, and king of the other gods. His association with the hawk and sun suggest I look at my decision from a broad, clear view. If the choice I make is motivated by fear, grief or anger, it will likely not be a good one. Likewise, if it is made from a purely logical mindset without including compassion, it may not be the best choice either. The booklet suggests developing my power "from the inside out," which reflects the message of the Two of Swords above.

2 comments:

  1. Again another matching pair of cards! I love The two of swords in almost all my decks.It gives me breathing space and protects me from deciding without having the time to feel and think and feel again. :)

    ReplyDelete