I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, December 2, 2013

Borrowing Trouble

From the Touchstone Tarot, the Eight of Swords:
Kat Black gives this card the phrase "a prisoner without a prison." Though this rather staid-looking woman might think she has no options, the reality is she could easily slip out of her blindfold and ropes and walk away. The swords next to her seem almost like a collection of sorts instead of a danger. The stormy skies indicate her turbulent thoughts have put her in this place. Having a mother-in-law with failing health and another family member dealing with mental health issues, I find myself in this woman's predicament often. I must constantly remind myself to stay in the moment, because right now there are no emergencies to deal with.

From the Oracle of the Grail Code comes "Temperance:"
 Instead of the deck's image, I decided to use the actual painting (by Sir Edward Burke-Jones) because it showed the flames at the woman's feet. Yep, that's me alright - running around putting out fires. But Temperance reminds me that I don't need to solve all the world's problems, and I don't need to borrow any trouble from the future. All I need to do is take care of what is immediately at my feet today.

2 comments:

  1. You have a lot going on right now. I hope you've been able to pick up your yoga practice which could be so relaxing for you right now. Don't forget to take care of yourself when everybody wants something of you.
    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started back this morning with yoga - NP inspired me (on her blog) by making me curious about the Warriors Dance flow of postures, so I had a go at that. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete