I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, January 10, 2014

Finding Your Inner Explorer

From the Vision Quest, the Princess (Page) of Wands:
This Princess has a passionate enthusiasm for life. The challenge of the unknown or obstacles on her path of adventure won't deter her a bit. She knows that I too have an eager, trail-blazing explorer inside, though she is hidden under old habits and fears from the past. The woman in the image burns sage as a way to purify herself, and she invites me to cleanse myself from those old tapes that play nonstop messages in my head. The lightning in the background represents those inner fears, constantly rumbling to remind me of a thousand "what ifs." But it is a new day, and I would be foolish to let those thoughts keep me from enjoying it. Like the wisps of smoke, they may rise up but they will eventually disappear because there is nothing solid to hold them.

From the Bird Cards comes the "Crow:"
I enjoy the crows we have here; whenever I hear a group cawing, I know they have spotted something. They don't have Facebook, but they can sure get the message out that there is a cat, hawk or human in the area. It makes sense that the creator of this deck assigns it the label of messenger. I am encouraged to pay attention to what I hear today - it is a message to help not harm me. Yes, I may have to step out of my comfort zone to take advantage of the information I receive, but it is meant to be beneficial.

2 comments:

  1. I know how hard it is to stop the fearful talking in your head, the voices who say you are not.....enough. But every time you neglect them and go forward despite them you will be a stronger happier more genuine YOU!
    I hope you've had a good day. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day was gray and rainy outside, but it was quite sunny on the "inside." :D

      Delete