I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Which Side of the Window?

From the Fey Tarot, the Five of Pentacles:
The Fey's rendition of the Five of Pentacles is most interesting. It offers two perspectives: one of simple abundance and the other of perceived scarcity. On which side of the window do I see myself? I've been without a job now for a couple of years; our area is severely, economically depressed, with a higher than average unemployment rate (no jobs available). It's easy to look at how other people live and wish for more. Yet at the same time, we do have a modest income from the sale of our business. By living very simply, we're paying our bills with a tiny bit left for fun. Today I choose to be grateful and warm myself by the fire of simple abundance.

This morning's draw from the I Misteri della Sibilla is "Loyalty / Nine of Hearts:"
The hunter's faithful dog stands by his side ready to assist him in whatever way he can. They are actually a team that supports each other. The dog holds a downed bird gently in his mouth, knowing his master will share food with him later. There is a sense of protection felt in this card as well. The Nine of Hearts suggests I remember the network of friends and family I am a part of; the love we have for each other means we maintain a balance of giving and receiving. Together we make a firm foundation.

3 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to have that kind of foundation I live a lot like you. We receive a monthly payment because my husband is incapacitated. We live a frugal life and I am proud the bills get payed and we still can enjoy our hobbies: simple abundance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I secretly believe those who live in simple abundance enjoy more of what they have than those who could buy anything they want. :)

      Delete
    2. I agree with you completely and I won't tell any further. sttt

      Delete