I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Full Circle

From the Golden Botticelli Tarot, the Three of Pentacles:
An angel holding a mandolin-like instrument walks on a pathway of coins. Who laid the stepping stones for her to become a master of music? I would guess a combination of other people and herself. There are people who mentor and encourage me (and often provide me with resources). Yet I must also be willing to be a student, to open my mind and learn the basics before I add my creative two cents. But then I still have hours and hours of practice in order to refine my abilities. Those are the stepping stones I walk on.

From the Sacred Geometry Oracle comes the "Circle:"
When I chose this card, I thought of the phrase "coming full circle." Does this just mean I end up where I started from? I don't think so, especially if I've been able to see from different viewpoints and learned something along the way. I may wind up in a similar place, but hopefully it is with more wisdom than I started out. Greer also advises that patience is needed, because some things need to unfold on their own without me pushing them.

4 comments:

  1. The circle can also refer to the creative practice. You do the same thing over and over again but each time around it is going to be different, not always better, but different
    I like this three of pentacles very much. The balance is kept by moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I really like your interpretation of the circle - that makes so much sense!

      Delete
  2. by reflection I see how my circle has grown. Still a circle, but bigger.

    ReplyDelete