I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Light and Darkness

From the PetraK Tarot, the Five of Swords:
The Five of Swords expresses the trials and temptations of humans when it comes to expressing our ideas and beliefs to others. The problem is that I want the right opinion to be mine; I want people to accept that I've got all the correct answers. When such a sense of entitlement outweighs doing the right thing, I may be willing to fudge the truth and wind up on a slippery ethical slope. One sword on this card is surrounded by light, and it encourages me not to let my human motives trample on integrity. Only then the will the light overcome the darkness instead of being swallowed by it.

From the AstroDice comes "Jupiter - Taurus - 11:"
The planet Jupiter implies that expansion and growth are available, but the roll of Taurus indicates it will be of a slow and steady nature. The 11th House deals with friends and acquaintances and expresses a need for cooperation and teamwork. Incorporating this dice reading with the card above reminds me of a quote by Thich Nhat Hanh: "Usually when we hear or read something new, we just compare it to our own ideas. If it is the same, we accept it and say that it is correct. If not, we say it is incorrect. In either case, we learn nothing." If I want to expand my world, having an open mind will be a necessary ingredient.

2 comments:

  1. This card is a improvement compared to the RW version. And I love you explanation. I still have difficulty with pips without pictures (Wow that sounded childish as If I cannot read a book without pictures LOL). Being open minded might be the solution for worldpeace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Petra's use of color and the small details she adds helps a lot in interpreting the pip cards. I too struggle with decks like the Marseilles though, and end up using an interpretation based mainly on suit and number. :)

      Delete