I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, February 7, 2014

On the Road Again

From the Golden Botticelli Tarot, the Six of Wands:
This is an odd Six of Wands; instead of showing a celebratory parade to welcome home heroes, this angel flies off to another place. She has what appears to be stalks of grain in her hand, and I think perhaps she is more concerned in planting than partying. Winning the victory or completing the challenge wasn't about bragging rights, but about moving on to the next stage. She suggests I not stick around for any merit badges but go ahead and plant those seeds.

From the Sacred Geometry Oracle comes the "Line:"
This card reminds me of a road; it connects where I am now with a future destination. If I connect enough of those lines, I'll eventually have a solid geometric figure. Again the cards together suggest I don't dally but continue with the progress I'm making.

2 comments:

  1. I would rather celebrate and pause after an accomplishment This is for me a bit too much work and no play mentality, As with the line: heading straight to the goal... I don't know I think I am more a circle kind of person with toddling baby-steps and a lot of pats on the back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the pauses and pats on the back too, but I guess this is a "snooze and you lose" kind of message. :D

      Delete