I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Step to the Right, Step to the Left

From the Tarot of the Absurd, the Lovers:
Relationships of commitment are similar to a dance; one person may lead one day, the other the next. One person may for a time be the stable support while the other moves out of his or her comfort zone. Sometimes the effort may tax us (and make us sweat), and other times we might neglect to be appreciative of what we have (and drop our rose). But for all of these types of relationships, trust is a thread that runs through them, and it is the only way balance and respect can be maintained. When I was young, I feared losing anyone in my close circle, but now I adamantly refuse to stay in any type of relationship where that vital element is missing.

From the Post Psychedelic Cyberpunk comes "The City:"
If the Lovers are a microcosm of relationships, then the City represents the macrocosm. Right now, our city is busy with budget planning, deciding who loses funds and who gains them. Again the give and take of balance is necessary, but above all, communication must be clear and constant. If the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, chaos will reign. These cards remind me to be trustworthy and expect the same in return; to precisely explain my needs and wants and listen carefully when others inform me of their own. Trust and communication are the supports that hold up the bridge between all relationships, big or small.

4 comments:

  1. Hi thesycamoretree! Excelent post! I totally agree with you, in all relationships these two elements are crucial, and they have to be together, none of the two by separately, works well. MuchĂ­simas Estrellas!!!!!!!....and I love the Psychedelic!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Las Magas. Even if one side has the two but the other doesn't, the relationship is not going to work well. I found the Post Psychedelic Cyberpunk on Etsy.com :).

      Delete
  2. These last few days we have been repairing and strengthening our bridges. Trust and communication have been put in place again and are securely bolted
    Great post and so recognizable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. You reminded me that even sturdy bridges need to be constantly checked and repairs made if needed!

      Delete