I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Prescribed Potion

From the Hezicos Tarot, Temperance; from the Way of the Horse Oracle, "Intuition:"
Though Temperance is often interpreted as moderation, today I see it more as a compromise that results in harmony. This angel takes two different things and combines them to create something new. I want to take her mixed potion and pour it over my family, my country and the world. But is there a recipe for this concoction other than stir and mix? The Intuition card strongly suggests the necessary ingredient will not come from logic (goodbye opinions and dogmatic beliefs), nor will it come from emotions (goodbye resentments and fears). Instead it will be found deep below my ego, if I am receptive and listen quietly.

4 comments:

  1. I realized this morning I can no long pour from cup to cup. I have to draw from a new source, a new cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me think of the quote about not using the same mindset that created the problem to find a solution. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Bev!
    Intuition must be the secret ingredient to create harmony and balance around us. And let's not forget a pinch of love and compassion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think compassion doesn't fit into those "either/or" categories - in that way, it is like intuition too.

      Delete