I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, August 4, 2014

The Thunder Won't Hurt You

From the Hezicos Tarot, the Queen of Swords; from the Way of the Horse Oracle, the "Lightning Horse:"
Some people might find this queen, with her bristle-topped crown and her no-nonsense expression, a bit intimidating. She has no time for manipulators or finger-pointers, but she will give you an honest answer. She won't wrap it in cotton batting, because she knows this is something you need to hear, whether you want to or not. Her words may pierce like the tiny sword on her choker necklace, yet they are not meant as an attack but as a wake-up call.
The Lightning Horse reminds me of a camping trip years ago on Cumberland Island. In the middle of the night we had an intense thunderstorm roll in, and the lightning was so incredible it lit up the night. If I hadn't been so terrified, I probably would have realized it looked like midday every time it crackled across the sky. This card is about innovative inspiration and a glimpse of what comes next. The queen tells me it's time to quit hiding in the dark; I need to take action on what I've seen in the flash of light. The loud, ground-shaking thunder I've been worried about is really of no consequence.


2 comments:

  1. Ha ha we both have drawn the Queen of Swords today!. The lightning horse is amazing.
    This is my favorite queen. I like her honesty and straightforwardness. It is difficult to see the truth of who we really are and what we really want. Mostly because it interferes with the expectation of others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I had to laugh when I pulled her and realized we had the same draw today. If I could let go of my fears ("what ifs" and expectations), I think I could make some progress!

      Delete