I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Add Just a Pinch of Cinnamon...

From Waking the Wild Spirit, the Seven of Water (Cups); from MentorSpirit, "Delight:"
Instead of seven different cups floating in a cloud, Poppy just shows one cauldron with a woman offering a taste test. Personally, I've never been the type to dream about something and then jump in with both feet. To me, it's like dating a person for a while before you decide if the relationship would be fulfilling as a marriage. I've always been a person to give things a try or experiment before committing myself wholeheartedly. Personal involvement, even limited, is always a better predictor of how things will turn out than any fantasy I may have.
The MentorSpirit card is the perfect litmus test for my Seven of Cups experience. Do I sense any delight, or only boredom and drudgery with my choice? If delight is how I feel, I would bet confidence and contentment are not far behind. That is the cup I want.

4 comments:

  1. Again, I feel the same way. Trying things out; sipping and tasting. before I jump in and commit. I am not the dreamy type.Mostly it is about one cup at the time and the others are will have to wait their turn. Otherwise I get overwhelmed with choices I guess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true about being overwhelmed. It's like going to the eye doctor for a checkup and he keeps rotating the lens and asking, "Is this better or this? How about now?" :D Too many choices at once just make them all feel the same.

      Delete
    2. I like like this post a lot Bev! Sweet, simple and to the point.

      It makes me think about what John Bradshaw said about choosing an individual we decide to share our inner most thoughts and feelings with; he said, " Share check, share check."

      I will always be the 'dreamy type ' but now with discernment and having a clearer sense of boundaries.

      Ya the eye test...also reminds me, my eye yest is due!

      Delete
    3. Thank you Catherine! :) I think I'm due to see the optometrist soon too!

      Delete