I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, October 31, 2014

Dropping the Rock

From the Shining Tribe Tarot, the Fool; from the Animal Tiles, the "Otter:"
       The Fool card makes an appearance today after a long, stressful week, and it makes me feel as if I've put down a heavy burden I've been carrying. Why is it this Fool seems to fly instead of fall off that cliff? She's carefree - not weighted down by the regrets and frustrations of the past or her fearful expectations of the future. She's so immersed in the present moment that she has no restraints, mentally or emotionally. This draw reminds me of a paperweight I once saw that was engraved with the words, "What would you do if you weren't afraid to fail?" I believe I could fly (at least metaphorically).
       As you might have noticed by my avatar, I tend to have a lot of beaver energy - planning, building and maintaining. All that industriousness is not necessarily a bad thing, but Otter comes this morning to suggest I balance my work with play. I was reminded by a woman after the meeting yesterday that a big part of care-taking involves self-care. Now this is a woman who laughs loudly and often; she's full of otter energy. The more reasons I can find to laugh or smile, the lighter my worries will be (even if they don't disappear).

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad the message is sinking in. Sometimes you have to tell a beaver over and over again that is is okay to behave as an otter once in while!
    I wish you a wonderful weekend with lots of opportunities to take care of yourself and to play without feeling guilty
    Big hug (((Bev)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen. :) I'm leading the meditation group tonight, so our focus will be on dealing with stress and pain!

      Delete
  2. I think it is beautiful the idea of the Fool flying. In dreams flying represents spiritual consciousness. It seems a perfectly natural thing the flying Fool!

    You know what they say about all work and no play! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not only will all work and no play make you dull, it will also leave you half-dead! :D

      Delete