I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, November 21, 2014

Grow a Neck

From the Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot, the Two of Discs; from the Sacred Geometry Oracle, the "Human Canon:"
       Check out that floating head; it may become one of the objects she's juggling if she doesn't reattach it soon. Next week begins the official holiday season. Even if shopping is limited, most people will be preparing meals, getting ready to entertain, or traveling. There are lots of balls to keep in the air this time of year. Yet am I doing these things mindfully? If I am disconnected from my body, I am sure I won't heed its warnings to slow down to the speed of sanity. Those aches and pains I experience during my busyness aren't obstacles to overcome; they're speed bumps to remind me to practice some self-care.
       The Human Canon is illustrated by an image similar to Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man. Greer uses this card to emphasize that sacred proportion is not just found in buildings and paintings, but in nature - including the human body. He writes this card is "a reminder that you are the most powerful force shaping the universe of your own experience..." The disconnection of the Two of Discs can make me feel like I am just part of an industrial assembly line with no choices available. But that isn't true, even if it feels that way. I can choose what is necessary and important and put on the back burner things that aren't. The world won't stop turning if I put some of those balls down.

2 comments:

  1. Love your interpretation of that Two of Pentacles. Remembering to connect with my body when I've got a lot going on is often hard, but as you say, so worthwhile. Good luck with the start of the festive season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could prevent a lot of sickness/injury if I would slow down long enough to hear what my body has to say. It can be wiser than my mind sometimes, lol.

    ReplyDelete