I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Ready, Set, Grow

From the Ancient Tarot of Lombardy, the Ace of Batons; from the Lenormand de Marseilles, the "Child:"
       Bursten gives Staves/Batons the keyword "Creating" and Aces the phrase "There's a first time for everything." For me, there's a big difference between having an idea and being inspired. With an idea, I can sit comfortably on my couch and play around in my mind with it. Inspiration tends to poke and prod, wanting to motivate and get me moving. Those green leaves on that hefty hunk of wood tell me something is about to start growing, so I better strap on my safety belt.
       The Child can represent a student, simplicity or the early stages of something. In the Lenormand de Marseilles, this card is paired with the Knight of Swords. Here is where the passion becomes more than just a restlessness to do something.The knight uses his intellect to help shape my inspiration (possibly through study and research) so it can become form. The Child appears to hold a sapling, suggesting that knowledge will help it grow. Looks like I'm going to need a notebook and pen today as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment