I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, April 27, 2015

It's Revealing

From the Spiral Tarot, the Lovers; from the Sacred Journey Cards, "Clarity:"
          The faces of these two lovers show they obviously don't share the same expectations. While she seems to be looking for spiritual union, he's obviously only looking for a fleshly one. The angel above them holds alchemical gold in his hands, symbolizing integration and wholeness. Neither expectation is better, but combined together they will bring fulfillment. Added with the Clarity card, it is plain that the Lovers is about the battle within me of my heart and head. "Truth as it is revealed" suggests patience while things play out. I obviously don't have control over the timetable of events happening, but eventually the clouds will clear. Then I'll know what to do with that pot of gold.

2 comments:

  1. what are the shoulder markings about? Does the book say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book doesn't say, but I'm fairly sure they are the alchemical symbols for the sun and moon.

      Delete