I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Breaking Up Concrete

From the Tyldwick Tarot, the Five of Staves; from the Antiquarian Lenormand, the "Ship:"
          Five javelins and a shield aren't exactly how I wanted to start my day (coffee first, please). But upon closer inspection, I see the shield contains an image of Greek wrestlers competing in the Olympic games. This isn't a battle to the death but a sparring match between athletes. The Five of Staves suggests if I want to do things my way, I'm going to have to offer the best option and argument. The stack of books on the chair imply that this may boil down to knowledge vs. experience. I'd prefer a little of both.
          Bento has used an 1870s, pre-dirigible airship for this Lenormand card. It can represent movement, travel or exploration. The illustration is obviously based on purely imagination, before such ships actually existed. And imagination along with an open mind might be a good idea today. If my opinions and ideas are set in concrete, I don't think any progress is going to be made.

7 comments:

  1. Thank God(dess) for coffee in the morning How could we accomplish anything without it. The perfect antidote for Three of Swords kind of cards.
    My mind is awakened, my imagination stirred with my first daily sip.
    I hope it will do the job for you too today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My coffee maker quit brewing yesterday. I took it apart (a Keurig) and cleaned it. Thankfully it's working this morning!

      Delete
  2. Coffee first, please, indeed and no javelins are a plus, too ;) I start most of my mornings with a latte made with 1/2 and 1/2 thanks to my little aerolatte wand. It works wonders!
    Perhaps the folks in the ship are headed to the owner of the javelins to deliver...lattes ;) That might defuse any potential fractious energy quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's a nice thought. Hand out coffee mugs and change out those javelins for sticks of biscotti. :D

      Delete
    2. Extra points for biscotti ;)

      Delete
  3. I like how you interpreted this 5 of wands card, esp that you point out the books sitting on the chair implying that knowledge wins over brawn. I have a short stack of books left to review, and these two cards would indicate that I better get going! I hope whatever conflict arises for you today, you are able to move through it with little standing in your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll have the sense to listen and recognize wisdom when I hear it, and not dash away everything that doesn't fit my plan!

      Delete