I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, September 25, 2015

Giving From the Heart

From the World Spirit Tarot, the Six of Pentacles; from the Mystic Glyphs, "Spirit of Ancestor:"
          The young homeless fellow made me smile when I saw the dog cuddled in his lap. Although he has very little, what he has is obviously shared with his canine companion. That kind of generosity makes a much more powerful statement than the richly dressed man who's about to hand over a coin. I wonder if the wealthy fellow ever heard the quote attributed to Luke the Apostle: "For of those to whom much is given, much is required." I've got a feeling Luke wasn't talking about building a bigger empire.
          Spirit of the Ancestor makes me think of several older family members who have passed on. Remembering them, I've got some big shoes to fill when it comes to giving of my time, energy and money. They were great role models for me; they constantly lived the lesson that stuff wasn't important but people were. Like the scales in the Six of Pentacles card, I need to make sure my priorities are balanced when it comes to giving from the heart.

4 comments:

  1. So often the scales are balanced by expectations: if I give you this much, you have to give me equal or more
    I wonder how do we measure the gifts from the heart; what is the currency of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an excellent point Ellen. I wonder if the gifts from the heart even have a set of scales or currency. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm loving the outfit the benefactor is wearing in the 6oP, right down to those fab shoes.

    ReplyDelete