I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Exploding Pens

From the Victoria Regina Tarot, the Ace of Wands; from the Universe Cards, "Strong Force:"
          When I drew this card I thought of the phrase "the pen is mightier than the sword." Except in this case, the pen is a wand, suggesting "doing" has a more powerful impact than just thinking or talking about something. Sure there is the wisdom of prudence in careful planning before action, but it is easy to get stuck there while fussing over all the details. Ovenall writes, "Just as the passage of time leaves no point to pause, it also limits the opportunities for creative expression." Best hop on the train before it leaves the station.
          Strong Force refers to the splitting of an atom's nucleus through fission or bonding it through fusion. It is the power source behind the creation of stars and the atomic bomb. Obviously such power can have drastic consequences, either powerful or negative. With the Ace of Wands above, I am warned to consider the long-term results of doing or not doing something. What seeds will be planted that might be beneficial if I choose to pursue my passion? What might never change if I don't take the opportunity to act?

7 comments:

  1. these two together make me think of the day after a solar EMP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually one of the Four Forces the Universe Cards describe: electromagnetism, gravity, strong (atomic fusion or fission), weak (atomic decay).

      Delete
  2. From a purely visual standpoint...inflammatory words...incendiary messages...declarations of passion through poetry. I'm reminded of how the art of pen-in-hand writing is slowly disappearing in this digital age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And lookl google arranged my post e.e. cummings-style lol.

      Delete
    2. Heehee, Google has a mind of its own. I still enjoy using paper and pen, especially when jotting down thoughts or bits of poetry. :)

      Delete
  3. To act or not to act... In hindsight I can think of so many things I should have done differently but back then I did the best I could and now I have to deal with the consequence and again try to make the best possible choices. No regrets the past is in the past
    Writing with pen: Love it and I am so happy I am able again to do so

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I just have to figure out which would be more beneficial - to do something or do nothing. Not always an easy clear-cut decision.
      There is just something relaxing about using a pen and paper instead of a computer. :)

      Delete