I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, October 22, 2015

No Help at Hand

From the Tarot of the Master, the Hanged Man; from the Geomancy Cards, "Amissio:"
          The keyword for this Hanged Man is "agony," and I can't think of anything more agonizing than finding you have no control over a distressing situation. With the river below, I'm theorizing that he has been hung from the support of a bridge. There is some area in his life where he would like to move from one place to another, but he's been stymied; his hands and feet are tied. There is nothing to do but wait (and hopefully see things from a new perspective other than "Why me?").
          The mice eating the fruit represent Amissio, or loss. This geomancy figure is connected with Venus, normally associated with love, beauty and pleasure. But Venus also includes tenderness and vulnerability. There's no way to love and care deeply without exposing my heart. And when I suffer a loss, there will be pain. Like the Hanged Man's predicament, there's no quick fix, pill or potion that will instantly cure my hurting heart. Time will help, but only if I realize I'm not alone in grieving such a loss.

4 comments:

  1. And here I was, thinking I had to do it all by myself.... :)
    I wonder why it is so hard to share our grief and pain as if it is something to be ashamed about??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems so personal, as if I'm the only one (and with that misunderstanding comes shame). Until I can get out of that head-space, I won't see the support all around me!

      Delete
  2. Your geomancy cards are so lovely, Bev. Did you make a hardcopy deck for yourself or are they all digital?

    Today's pairing is so poignant...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No hard copy, only a digital. The scans of the paintings aren't good enough for a sharp image. At least with digital I have more shelf space. :)

      Delete