I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Peep Priorities

From the Tarot of the Master, the Ten of Cups; from the Geomancy Cards, "Rubeus:"
          The keyword for this Cups card is an odd one compared to the RWS - order. Such a word feels like there is a hierarchy of relationship or peep priorities. My guess is the big cup symbolizes my immediate family, while the other shelves represent other relationships: my intimate circle of friends,  extended family along with other friends, and acquaintances. What makes their order shift from one shelf to another? Rubeus (red) suggests a fiery passion; I tend to be closer to folks who are excited and enthusiastic about common interests, hobbies and goals. Odds are if we don't have any commonalities (anything to talk about other than the weather), that relationship will sit on a dusty shelf. Yet Rubeus is connected to the planet Mars, and so it brings a warning with it. Relationships can be very fragile things. I need to be careful I don't break any because we don't see eye to eye on a certain topic. Rubeus would encourage me to use its energy for the courage to explore and learn from such relationships instead of dismissing them outright.

8 comments:

  1. Just yesterday I received a phone call from a friend who's cup had dropped a few shelves. We hadn't been in touch for months for no reason whatsoever and now I feel exited to go and visit her tomorrow and I assume her cup will move to another shelf very soon..
    Thank you for reminding me to be open minded so I can explore this relationship :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a lovely outing together! I know sometimes friendships get shifted because of time constraints, moves etc. But this was a good reminder for me too, not to base my relationships solely on shared opinions. :)

      Delete
    2. For me too because I share a part of my past with this friend but not many of my opinions :)

      Delete
  2. Peep priorities is such a great title and meditation. I shall be thinking about mine. I know my peeps would love to see more of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a tricky balance to piece out parts of ourselves to others while making sure our own cup is full!

      Delete
    2. Oh, isn't it! I think this is one of my primary meditations right now.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, that Tiger is definitely fiery, leaping forward with teeth bared and claws out! Love your interpretation of the two together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it definitely represented the passion of Rubeus well! :)

      Delete